Culturally and Linguistically Diverse EducationWelcome! Bienvenidos! أهلا وسهلا Shagatom, Dobrodošli, 歡迎, Bienvenue! Willkommen! Shalom, Suswagatam, - ようこそ, 환영합니다, Тавтай морилогтун, Bhalee Karay Aaya, Mabuhay!
After a successful academic career, CLD students will enter the global community well prepared to be strong advocates and contributing citizens.
The CLDE Division seeks to provide the highest quality English language development and academic support for culturally and linguistically diverse students. We strive to create a culture of inclusion, collaboration and high achievement, which leads to future success.
- All schools will implement ELD program models with a focus on access, equity, and quality.
- The effective acquisition of academic English to promote student achievement will be a priority within the Competency-Based System.
- Assessment will systematically determine each student’s progress in attaining English proficiency (including the level of comprehension, speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills) and student achievement in academic standards.
- Instruction and accountability will be based on body of evidence data related to student performance.
- All CLDE instructional staff assigned to educate ELs will be highly qualified and will receive professional development.
- Parents will be encouraged and provided with opportunities to actively collaborate with schools to support their child’s learning.