Welcome! Bienvenidos! أهلا وسهلا Shagatom, Dobrodošli, 歡迎, Bienvenue! Willkommen! Shalom, Suswagatam, - ようこそ, 환영합니다, Тавтай морилогтун, Bhalee Karay Aaya, Mabuhay!
Mission: The Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education (CLDE) team thoughtfully acts upon the imperative to empower students through high-quality language development and best practices in academic support. We create a culture of equity, inclusion, collaboration and professionalism to foster success in the school system and beyond.
Vision: After a successful academic experience, our students will enter the global community as self-advocating citizens bringing a myriad of skills and contributions including cultural and linguistic diversity as a clear and constant asset.
- All schools will implement English-language development program models with a focus on access, equity and quality.
- All elementary schools will utilize the On Our Way to English textbook as a primary resource for language learning.
- All secondary schools will utilize the iLit curriculum as a primary resource for language learning.
- The effective acquisition of academic English to promote student achievement and comprehension of content will be a priority within WPS’ Competency Based System.
- Formative assessment practices will guide instruction and summative assessment (WIDA ACCESS) will determine each student’s progress in attaining English proficiency (including the level of comprehension, speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills) and student achievement in academic standards.
- Instruction and accountability will be based on body of evidence data related to student performance.
- All CLDE instructional staff are fully licensed and endorsed to serve our students, and they will receive ongoing professional development and opportunities to collaborate.
- Parents are encouraged to be involved and they are provided with opportunities to actively collaborate with schools to support their child’s learning.