Sept. 10, 2021: Our daily Zoom class schedule is below for middle and high school: SCHEDULE.
- The Zoom links for middle school are located HERE.
Updated Attendance Expectations for Students
Student success is attributed to regular and punctual attendance. Frequent absences may lead to poor academic performance and possible academic failure. Students and parents agree to be absent no more than 10 days in a school year. Students who have more than 10 unexcused absences may be placed on a truancy plan and/or removed from the Virtual Academy. Communication of reason for absence is required for every absence. Parents or guardians MUST call 303-657-3852 to report a reason for every student's absence within 48 hours. Emails will not be accepted. All absences will be marked as unexcused without a parent phone call. Principal reserves the right to determine if the absence is excused or unexcused regardless of phone call to the main office. Students are responsible for completing all work missed due to an absence. Work returned in a timely manner is expected.
As we are using a blended model of asynchronous and synchronous learning, attendance will be determined by the student logging into Buzz and/or the student attending their synchronous classes each day. Students that do not log into Buzz or attend a Zoom class will be marked unexcused absent for the day. Daily synchronous class times can be found on our website at WestminsterPublicSchools.org/WVA. Due to our reporting limitations, our daily attendance window will be from 12:00 AM through 11:59 PM and will be recorded into Infinite Campus one day in arrears.
Students may be removed from Westminster Virtual Academy and enrolled back in their neighborhood school for lack of attendance. This may include lack of completed assignments, lack of progress, failure to communicate, failure to attend Zoom classes, failure to log in to Buzz, or a combination of any of the above.
Transfers to WVA: We have cutoff dates for enrolling in WVA from another school.
WVA Enrollment windows:
- October 11th – 15th
- Students enrolling during this window can start classes with WVA up to October 18th, but not after.
- December 6th - January 28th
- Enrollment nights are December 1st and 8th at 6pm at Harris Park Elementary School.
- Students can apply for WVA during this window.
- Students and families must attend an enrollment night as part of their application to WVA
- There will not be an enrollment window for 4th quarter.
Students, here's where to start!
- Go here for recent newsletters: Family newsletters are sent to your email on Sunday afternoon.
- Watch introduction videos from the WVA staff HERE.
- The school supply list, parent/student handbook and other important documents can be found HERE.
- Most information about WVA can be found HERE.
- Call our school at 303-657-3852 to pick up your Chromebook if you have not done this yet.
The Westy Futures athletic program is back and is expanding to provide activities to grades K-8! Registration is open for fall activities. Fall sports will include soccer, volleyball, and tackle football. Tackle football is for 7th and 8th graders only. To register simply go to www.westyathletics.com and click on either the Westy Juniors(grades K-5) or Westy Futures(grades 6-8) link to register for the athletic program.
*Middle school tryouts will begin next week. View our website for more information.
We would love to see you on the field or on the court. Let's go Wolves!
TRADUCIR - TRANSLATE
- Para entender cómo traducir este sitio web al español, mire ESTE VIDEO en español.
- To understand how to translate this website into another language, watch THIS VIDEO in English.
REGISTER YOUR STUDENT FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR
Please CLICK HERE to register your student for this school year.
CLICK HERE for more information about WVA, how to connect with teachers, or watch support videos on a variety of subjects in English and Spanish.
TECHNICAL HOME ACCESS HOTLINE:
- (720) 542-5213 - this is for Chromebook questions and support
Monday - Friday (school days only) from 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Westminster High, Ranum Middle, Shaw Heights Middle and Colorado Sports Leadership Academy.
Drive-through meal pick-up is available for all children 18 and under, children do not need to be present.