To transform how we as adults and students interact with ourselves, each other, and the world around us!
In WPS, children and adolescents access personalized and integrated learning opportunities to develop student agency through the integration of personal relational competencies.
Our 15 Personal Relational Competencies are grounded in the 5 CASEL Domains and integrated into academic content in a Competency-Based Education system in WPS.
- Self-Awareness (emotional regulation, accurate self-perception, self-discipline)
- Self-Management (motivation and resilience, self-advocacy, goal-setting)
- Social-Awareness (empathy and compassion, cultural competence, perspective-taking)
- Relationship Skills (relationship building, teamwork, communication)
- Responsible Decision-Making (analyzing and decision-making, problem-solving, evaluating and reflecting)
In a learner-centered classroom, students are partners in the teaching-learning cycle. We value the empowerment of students to own their learning through:
- Choice and Voice
- Motivation and Engagement
- Goal setting and progress monitoring
- Strength-based Decisions
**WPS Educators** - Looking for Personal Relational Competency Scales? Use the link below.
Resources for Responding to Traumatic Events and Violence