WHAT IS THE ARTS?
We use the arts as a term to describe the many ways students can demonstrate their creativity. This includes vocal and instrumental music, drama, dance, video, two-dimensional and three- dimensional visual art, and creative writing as examples.
WHAT IS OUR INTENT AND FOCUS?
- Inclusion – We believe that arts opportunities should be provided for everyone. To that end, we encourage arts exploration and the enrichment arts provide for all students.
- Advanced Opportunities – We provide advanced arts opportunities to those children who are gifted and/or passionate about the arts.
- Multi-age Learning – We facilitate events that encourage students from elementary to middle school to high school to learn from one another in artistic settings.
- Arts Integration – We are working to provide an arts integration approach to learning the core subjects at the middle schools and the high school.
- Partnerships – We will create an advisory team to inform and help guide us as we build programs and curriculum.