SUMMER ARTS LINK
During the summer of 2017, we introduced our two-week, full day summer arts camp for students ages 8 to 14 where they explored numerous arts-related activities, including music, visual arts, theatre, video cinema arts and dance.
The 2019 Summer Arts Link will be from July 22 through August 2, 2019. You can register online here.
Middle School Arts Afterschool Program
Arts Link, an afterschool program offering classes in visual arts, instrumental music, creative writing, dance and musical theatre. Arts Link runs for a six-week period from mid-January to right before Spring Break. Currently have 20 students enrolled from all middle schools in the district.
WORKSHOPS & PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS
CAP sponsors workshops facilitated by community artists and bringing professional productions in for students. Such as:
- James and the Giant Peach, produced by Phamaly Theatre Company and presented to elementary schools in the Joanna Ramsey Theatre at Westminster High School
- Tyrone Davis, Broadway performer in the Broadway musical, Waitress, workshopped the opening number from the show with Ranum middle school students.
- Young Voices of Colorado provided a free full day workshop for Level 4 through 6 students with an informance concert.
- Middle school matinee of Westminster High School CenterStage Theatre productions.
- Professional development opportunities for arts integration workshops for our teachers to bring arts into their classrooms.