WPS Colorado Preschool Program & Application
Interested in becoming a participant in Westminster Public Schools Colorado Preschool Program (CPP). This is a state-funded scholarship program that provides opportunities for at-risk children to get early entry into the educational system in a high-quality preschool environment. The CPP program will be expanding state-wide and this is a great chance to become a part of the program!
Program benefits to centers include:
- A monthly per-pupil stipend for CPP students.
- Support from the local CPP council.
- Low class ratios.
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of those students who most need preschool support.
Centers/schools would be required to:
- Participate in Results Matter, Colorado Department of Education’s early childhood assessment initiative.
- Provide a classroom ratio of 16 students to 2 teachers.
- Build time into teacher’s calendars for meetings, preparation and collaboration.
- Work closely with parents to ensure that they are active participants in their child’s education.
- Attend bi-monthly CPP council meetings.
If your center or school is interested in becoming a part of this unique program, please submit a letter of interest to Jennifer Keyes, CPP coordinator, by no later than Friday, March 16. In addition, you will need to complete the CPP application.
If you have any additional questions about the CPP program, please call Jennifer Keyes at 303-657-3845.