The Animal Science pathway is a new offering beginning in 2018-19. Courses will be offered on a 3-year rotation based on student enrollment.
Do you love working with animals?
Have you considered a job in Animal Science?
Animal Science may be a program of interest to you. Our Animal Science students learn all about animal breeds, care, nutrition, and medical needs as well as the science behind food production. Students love getting hands-on experience and learning more about animals of all kinds from their household pet to the livestock that feeds the world. Animal science is great for any student who likes animals and thinks they might want to make a career out of that love.
- Intro to Urban Agriculture and Mechanics (pre-requisite to all other Agriculture courses; will be offered every year)
- Food Science
- Animal Science (Pre-requisite for Pre-Vet, offered every year
The pathway offers multiple opportunities for college credit and industry credentials. Your instructor will review these opportunities at the beginning of the course.
Animal Science Student Organization - FFA
- All students in animal science classes have the opportunity to join FFA. Student organizations help students provide training and realistic learning experiences to prepare students for employment in careers, develop leadership skills, and more. If you are interested, ask Ms. Crabtree or Mr. Naeger how you can be involved.
- Follow us on Instagram @ westyffa
- Learn more at http://ffa.cccs.edu/
There are multiple ways you and your organization can ensure the success of our CTE programs and students continue. Contact Lottie Wilson via email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or click Ed Foundation Donation Link to donate to support CTE through our WPS Education Foundation. You can specify the program and/or activity you wish to support under the "Special Instructions or Comments for Non-Profit" box.