Do you love working outdoors and working with plants? Have you considered a job in landscape or plant science?
Plant Science may be a program of interest to you. Our Plant Science students learn all about plant science, plant identification, crop production, and how plants are used for landscaping, design, and profit. They also have the chance to learn about the natural resources and environment in Colorado. Students love to work in our top-of-the-line greenhouse and participate in our yearly plant sales.
- Intro to Agriculture
- Plant Science & Greenhouse Management
- Landscape Design, Construction & Maintenance
- Students may earn the Landscape Technician credential from the Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado and BASF Plant Science credential through this pathway.
Plant Science Student Organization - FFA
- All students in horticulture and landscape design classes have the opportunity to join FFA. Student organizations help students provide training and realistic learning experiences to prepare students for employment in careers, develop leadership skills, and more. If you are interested, ask Ms. Crabtree or Mr. Naeger to show you can be involved.
- Follow us on Instagram @westyffa
- Learn more at http://ffa.cccs.edu/
There are multiple ways you and your organization can ensure the success of our CTE programs and students continue. Contact Lottie Wilson via email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or click Ed Foundation Donation Link to donate to support CTE through our WPS Education Foundation. You can specify the program and/or activity you wish to support under the "Special Instructions or Comments for Non-Profit" box.