The need for personal and professional information technology knowledge and cybersecurity skills has never been greater. In this pathway, you will learn how to build, fix, and upgrade computer hardware. You will also learn how to program and secure personal computers while utilizing real-world skills.
- Tech Essentials - intro course required of all other IT courses or teacher approval
- PC Maintenance
- Video Game Design (VGD)
- PLTW Computer Science Principles (CSP)
- PLTW Computer Science Advanced (CSA)
Industry Credential(s)/College Credit:
- Students can earn CompTIA IT Fundamentals, Microsoft Tech Associate: Security Fundamentals, ECH: Ethical Hacking Associate, and Unity Certified Associate, as well as earn college credit through Front Range Community College.
Information Technology (IT) Student Organization - SkillsUSA
- All students in this pathway have the opportunity to join SkillsUSA. Student organizations help students provide training and realistic learning experiences to prepare students for employment in careers, develop leadership skills, and more. If you are interested, ask Mr. Figueroa, Ms. Wheatley, Mr. Williams or Mr. Ferguson how you can be involved.
- Learn more at http://skillsusa.cccs.edu/
There are multiple ways you and your organization can ensure the success of our CTE programs and students continue. Contact Lottie Wilson via email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or click Ed Foundation Donation Link to donate to support CTE through our WPS Education Foundation. You can specify the program and/or activity you wish to support under the "Special Instructions or Comments for Non-Profit" box.