The Retrospective Survey showed that parents gained significant knowledge about the critical importance of preparing their students EARLY for high school and college. Parents learned the importance of ensuring their students’ progress and course selection is on target to take advantage earning college credit in high school and beyond. As a district, we gained unique insights into parents’ challenges by attending classes with parents and listening to what they wanted - and what wasn’t working for them – which provided us a great opportunity to improve!
The impact on students, whose parents attend the PASS program, is:
- 40% increase in high school graduation rate (above national average)
- 20% increase in college enrollment (abovve national average)
- Students took more rigorous, college preparatory classes
- Students earned significantly higher grades
- Students had higher attendance rates