School Choice Enrollment
WPS School Choice
Westminster Public Schools (WPS) is an open-enrollment district, meaning families can apply to attend any of our schools. Admission criteria and transportation options vary by school and are also subject to space limitations. To learn more about WPS please view our Enrollment Guide.
Participation in School Choice
If you would like your student to attend a Westminster Public School District school other than the one assigned to their address, or if your student lives outside of WPS boundaries, you will need to apply for School Choice.
Each year, Westminster Public Schools accepts School Choice applications during an open enrollment window. These dates vary each school year. The application deadline for round two ends on Friday June 9 at midnight.
*Please note, to apply for WPs Innovation Schools, please use the link above.
*In-District families, please click here for the application.
Click Here to Begin the Out-of-District School Choice Application
Rounds of Choice
- April 1 - Round 2 for School Choice Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year opens on April 1, 2023, and closes on June 9, 2023. *Notification for Round 2 acceptance is no later than June 16
- July/August -.A third round for School Choice Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year will open during the summer. Details will be provided when finalized.
- At the end of each enrollment window, WPS will complete a review of the student’s education records to determine the student’s enrollment eligibility, including residency, appropriate grade level placement, and programmatic enrollment criteria. This review will also help the District determine whether the choice school(s) can meet the student’s educational needs.
- Approval of School Choice enrollment is based on available space, programming, and staffing at the requested school. When the number of applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, students will be selected by a random selection lottery. Each School Choice window will have its own capacity limits by school.
- When an in-district resident student has been enrolled in any school under the School Choice program, that school becomes the “school of attendance” through the highest grade offered at the school.
- Out-of-district resident students must apply for a School Choice space on an annual basis.
- Students enrolled in a school rather than their district designated neighborhood school are responsible for their own transportation. If space is available on an existing transportation route, parents/guardians may apply for the district’s ridership program (add a link).
- In addition to space and program availability at the selected school, enrollment may be denied based on attendance/truancy and/or behavior.
- Denial decisions about School Choice enrollment may not be appealed.
Please view our FAQs, or contact SchoolChoice@mywps.org.