METROPOLITAN ARTS ACADEMY VISION, MISSION AND GOAL
To help each student foster personal and academic potential through the lenses of inquiry, creative expression, service to others, and a commitment to excellence.
The Metropolitan Arts Academy is a visual and performing arts public innovation school that fosters a safe and rigorous learner-centered environment resulting in academic achievement and excellence. We will realize our vision by…
- Offering students the opportunity to utilize critical thinking skills through project-based instruction and artistic expression in context to the visual and performing arts.
- Partnering with local and professional artists, organizations, community members, and arts advocacy groups to provide students with authentic learning experiences.
- Balancing academic rigor with a focus on character education and restorative practices in service to our community.
- Encouraging an environment of creativity, agency, collaboration, and community
- Emphasizing a drive for continuous personal and collective improvement.
- Delivering personalized learning to every learner through competency-based education.