We hope you are enjoying your summer vacation and we look forward to the return of students on Tuesday, August 17.
On Tuesday, July 20, the Colorado Department of Health and Environment released updated back-to-school guidance based on information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can read it here.
You probably have a lot of questions about how COVID-19 will impact the coming school year and we are providing you with the latest plans for Westminster Public Schools.
Remember, we all need to be flexible as we move forward and work together to keep everyone healthy and maximize learning opportunities for our students. While these are our current guidelines, they could change at any time.
- Face masks will not be required for students and staff but will be strongly encouraged for those who have not been vaccinated.
- Any individual (staff or student) may continue to wear a mask if they choose.
- While vaccinations are not required, WPS is encouraging students and staff to get vaccinated.
- Vaccines are widely available for people 12 and older and researchers are looking at whether vaccines are appropriate for those younger than 12 years of age. We will keep you updated on their findings and recommendations.
- When school resumes, it will be important for everyone to be vigilant about their health and possible symptoms. Anyone who is sick should stay home and if they have COVID-like symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID, they should get tested.
- People who test positive for COVID-19 should not attend school for 10 days.
WPS will continue to monitor all aspects of the situation and provide you with updated information as appropriate.
A reminder that WPS is hosting our annual Back-to-School BBQ and backpack giveaway on Saturday, August 14. Details are available here.
Find out where you can get vaccinated.
- WPS Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Sign up to receive our What's Up WPS newsletter
- Dr. James Duffy
- Chief Operating Officer
Chromebook Support Hotline:
- Vaccination Information
- Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment
- COVID-19 Testing
- Uninsured Adams County Testing
- Do you have symptoms?
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Asthma Care at School Post COVID-19 Outbreak
- DEHS Child Care How Sick is too Sick Illness Policy
- Tri-County Health Department (COVID-19)
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions