Updated January 2022
New Isolation and Quarantine Guidance
The CDC announced new guidance for how long to isolate or quarantine if a person tests positive or is exposed to COVID-19.
If a student tests positive for COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status.
- The student stays home for 5 days, minimum.
- If the student has no symptoms or symptoms are resolving after 5 days, they can return to school, continuing to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If the student develops symptoms within the 5 days, test.
- If the student has a fever, they continue to stay home until the fever resolves.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has expanded the authorization of the COVID-19 vaccine down to age 5 years. We want to encourage parents and guardians to prepare for the vaccine for children by talking to their child’s health care provider, learning the facts about COVID-19 vaccines, and scheduling an appointment ahead of time.
Mask Requirements in WPS
All students, staff and teachers are required to wear masks when indoors. The district has masks available for those who need them.
Per Federal Government Regulations, masks will be required at all times on school busses. It will be important for everyone to be vigilant about their health and possible symptoms. Anyone who is sick should stay home and if they have COVID-19-like symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, they should get tested.
The health and safety of the community is our highest priority and we believe these important steps will help us achieve that goal. These guidelines will help us maintain uninterrupted in-person learning opportunities for our students, which we know is critically important.
Find out where you can get vaccinated.
Anyone age 5 years and older can get vaccinated. All COVID-19 vaccines are free. Insurance or identification are not needed. You can walk in or make an appointment at most places.
Who is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine booster shot? Find out here.
Dr. James Duffy
Chief Operating Officer
- Free at-home tests
- Who needs to quarantine?
- Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment
- COVID-19 Testing
- Tri-County Health Department (COVID-19)
- Mask Guidelines
- Vaccine Exemption Request
Where To Get Vaccinated:
Vaccine Booster Shot:
- Online Learning Parent Support Website
- Chromebook Help Phone Number: 720-542-5213
- WPS Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Sign up to receive our What's Up WPS newsletter