Update on Covid 19 as of August 29, 2022
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever.
- Individuals with two or more of the following symptoms—fever, sore throat, congestion, and cough—are encouraged to test for COVID.
- Individuals testing positive for COVID should isolate for five days. Please note when calculating isolation, Day 1 is the first day after your test specimen was collected. After a five-day isolation, individuals are allowed to return to school but must wear a mask for an additional five days.
- Individuals do not need to provide a negative COVID test to return to school after the five-day isolation. However, they must be symptom free or have improving symptoms and be fever free for 24 hours or more.
- Exposure to a COVID positive individual does not require a quarantine on the part of the exposed person—regardless of vaccination status. Schools do not need to send exposure notifications to families.
Note: If the exposure is in the home and multiple family members have tested positive for COVID, students not exhibiting symptoms or testing negative are allowed to attend school. However, treat the situation as an “outbreak” and require the student to mask while family members are under isolation.
- An outbreak is three or more positive COVID cases within a specified core group within 10 days of each other. In an outbreak situation:
- The class does not need to quarantine.
- Additional mitigation strategies must be implemented in the classroom (one or more): masking, limiting student-to-student or student-to-teacher interactions, moving school activities outdoors, symptom screening, testing.
- The latest guidance from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment can be found here.
- If you are looking for a specific vaccine product, you can sort by product at Vaccines.gov or text your zip code to 438829. Find additional locations on the state’s webpage.
- Information about a COVID vaccine booster shot can be found here.
Dr. James Duffy
Chief Operating Officer
- Free at-home tests
- Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment
- COVID-19 Testing
- Tri-County Health Department (COVID-19)
- Vaccine Exemption Request
Where To Get Vaccinated
Vaccine Booster Shot
- Online Learning Parent Support Website
- Chromebook Help Phone Number: 720-542-5213
- WPS Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Sign up to receive our What's Up WPS newsletter