Not sure where to start? Check out these helpful tips!
- On the Future Center website, you have the opportunity to access a site featuring local employer videos where employers describe their company, type of work they do and the opportunities available.
- By watching these videos, you will have a much better idea of what skills they are looking for in a new employee and what work would be like if you worked for them. As you watch the videos, make a list of the employers you want to meet.
- Next, schedule some time during the live online interviews to meet your target employers in order to ask any questions you have and make your interest in working for them known! This is the first interview you will have with the employer.
- Please take the time to prepare a list of questions before the conversation so you can keep your questions focused on answers that matter to you. If what you hear sounds like the start of a career that is interesting, tell the employer that you are truly interested in the next step of the process and look forward to learning what you need to do.
- You may be asked to go online to complete a formal application. You may need to provide your resume. You may need to prepare for a more formal interview. Regardless of the next step, the Future Center staff is available to help you!