Mr. Moore; 2nd level
My name is Mr. Moore and I am thrilled to be your child’s level 2 teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The schedule below is for our remote learners to help them stay connected to the work we’re doing in class.
Please visit the below website, for additional information and resources pertaining to our class!
Here is our daily school schedule:
Intervention (pull out groups) 8:15 – 9:15
- Students whose 2nd language spoken at home is English go with a group with Ms. Katie Koch to work on English proficiency in the from of Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening
- Students who tested below grade level on their DIBELS reading fluency scores are getting extra help from Mrs. Teegan Sheanin in a small group and working on Phonics and Literacy skills.
- The rest of the students who were not in these groups are working with Mr. Moore on grade-level or above grade level Literacy skills.
Reading (whole class) 9:15 – 10:25 (Zoom time 9:30)
- Students use their Reading/Writing Companion workbook to work on literacy skills like phonics, comprehension, and reading fluency. We will be writing in these workbooks.
Specials or Language (rotating schedule for 2 weeks at a time) 10:25 – 11:25
- The rotation for our class follows this order: Art or Music > Language > P.E. > Language
Lunch and Recess 11:25 – 12:05
- Get something healthy to eat and go play in the sunshine if you can.
Read Aloud 12:05 – 12:15
- Find a book or use an online resource for books to practice your reading aloud. Or you can find someone to read out loud to you and talk about the story.
Math 12:15 – 1:20 (Zoom time 12:30)
- Students will work on Envisions Math and be working in their student workbooks.
Break Time 1:20 – 1:30
- Take a short break to get energized for the afternoon
Social Studies or Science 1:30 – 2:15
- We will switch between these 2 subjects covering all the topics for the year. Usually units are around 2 weeks before switching to something new.
Writing 2:15 – 3:00
- There will be a topic to write about or we may just do free writing about a topic of your choice. Always do your best to practice with your neatest handwriting. Later in the year we may work on typing as well.
Morning Reading Zoom - 9:00
Meeting ID: 499 247 858
You will need:
- Wonders Reading/Writing Companion Workbook
- Sharpened Pencils
Afternoon Math Zoom – 12:30
Meeting ID: 499 247 858
You will need:
- Envisions Workbook
- Whiteboard/Expo Markers
- Sharpened Pencils
Electives Zoom – 10:25 – 11:25
The rest of your child’s work will be completed at their own pace and at their own time, through Empower.
- Login to Empower
- Find the class that you are completing work in. Reading and Writing can be found under Literacy.
- Click the “+” on the right hand side
- Click the activity under the “Next Up” heading
- Click on the tab that says “2 Action Plan” to see the steps to completing the activity
- When you are completely done with the activity click “Save and Turn In”
- Click the “x” in the top right hand corner to close out that activity
- Complete all assigned activities for the day
ADDITIONALLY your child will need to complete the following EVERY DAY. Use a timer and a checklist to help your child stay accountable.
- 30 minutes of Raz Kids (listen, read and quizzes for about 2 or 3 stories)
- 10 minutes on Xtra Math (or until it says “You Are Done”)
- 15-20 minutes playing a fun math game (such as Math Playground or Prodigy – as long as they are working with numbers and it involves actual math)
How - To Complete Assignments in Empower:
Click HERE for a step-by-step with PICTURES
- On “My Home” page, find the class you want to select. On the right hand side, click the “+”.
- Next, you will see the following screen from the dropdown. You can find the next activity your child is working on in the “Next Up” area.
- If your child is behind on work because they are absent, they may need to complete a few activities for the day. Another way to look at the work ahead and to figure out what you may have missed is to use the Playlist Browser. This tool will be especially helpful if we are doing a Zoom call and we all want to be working on the same activity and you are unable to find it in your “Next Up” for whatever reason.
This tool can be found in the lower right-hand corner of this screen and will layout all the Playlists that are found in one class. With some guidance on what to look for, you should be able to navigate these windows to find the correct activity. Click the down arrow to browse different playlists in a class.
- Once you click the “Playlist browser” dropdown, you will see the playlists with titles of months and weeks and dates on them. This is the main playlist where all the weeks, days and activities will be. Find the sub-playlist that correlates with the week’s date. Click the “+”.
- Once you click on the correct week, you will find that there are more sub-playlists that are broken down into days. Find the correct day, again click the “+”. Here you will be able to see all the required activities for that specific day.
What do I do if my child is absent for the day or missing assignments?
- Please check with Mr. Moore and inquire about where to find missing assignments and how to complete them if you are unsure.
- Most of the time you find those activities or assignments in your “Next Up” area of each class.
- If you cannot find the activity there, it’s probably best to use the Playlist Browser dropdown to navigate to the day in which your child was absent and start looking at those activities.
- Make sure you hit the “Save and Turn In” button to complete all assignments when finished.
All of our At Home Learning will be done through programs that you can find on my Clever page online.
The students have all bookmarked this site on their computers. If they get lost, they can always click that bookmark to get back to the Clever page easily. Please keep this as their main bookmark to avoid confusion.
Email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com