TO AND FROM SCHOOL-TRAFFIC and PEDESTRIAN SAFETY:
- Students may begin arriving at 7:45 a.m. every day. The doors will be opened at 7:50.
- Each grade level has its drop off and pick up zones, per the video and email released by the principal. Please see your student’s teacher below to find the appropriate drop-off location:
Ms. Rachel (PreK) – North Parking Lot
Ms. Barnett (Kinder) – North Parking Lot
Ms. Hurrle (Kinder/Level 1) – North Parking Lot
Mrs. Anderson (Level 1) – North Parking Lot
Mr. Moore (Level 2) – North Parking Lot
Mr. Byrd (Level 3) – North Parking Lot
Mrs. Voss (Level 3/Level 4) – Bus Lane
Mr. Viglione (Level 5) – Bus Lane
Ms. Ka (Level 4/Level 5)-Bus Lane
Mrs. Yount (Level 6) – South Parking Lot
Ms. L. Y. (Level 6)--South Parking Lot
Mrs. Buchanan (Level 7) – South Parking Lot
Ms. Kyle (Level 8) – South Parking Lot
- Parents dropping of multiple students may drop-off at the location assigned to the youngest child. For example, a family dropping students off for Mr. Byrd, Mrs. Voss, and Mrs. Buchanan can leave all students at the north parking lot since this is the drop-off location for the youngest student.
- Dismissal will be at 1:40 p.m. on Mondays and 3:40 Tuesdays through Fridays. Please see the 2020-2021 school calendar for holidays and teacher workdays since there will be no school during these days.
- Children will be dismissed using a Family Number System*. See description of this system below. *Please sign and return the Family Number System Agreement at the end of this document.
Each family is assigned a unique number. Families will receive a number with the school logo from administration. These numbers must be visible when picking up students. Staff will call the number and all siblings will be released to the pick-up location. As with drop-off, parents picking up multiple students should go to the drop-off/pick-up location for the youngest student and the older siblings will be waiting there. If any family requires additional copies of their number, please contact the office, Do not make copies of these numbers since these are used to ensure that the person picking up is authorized to do so.
- All parents, guardians and daycare providers are expected to use crosswalks and follow the traffic and
- Please respect the safety of others by slowing down in the school zones and traveling slowly in one
direction only in the rec center parking lot. Please do NOT make U-turns on Irving St. The police will
regularly be enforcing speed and traffic laws on our school zone to promote the safety of our students.