School-to-Work Alliance Program
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, all Westminster Public Schools staff will be working remotely. We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time. We will return your calls, texts, and emails as soon as we can. Thanks.
Jutta Gebauer 720-322-6282
Colette Winslow 303-775-7492
The School to Work Alliance Program (SWAP) is a partnership between the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) at the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, the Colorado Department of Education and Westminster Public Schools. We strive to enhance the lives of transitioning youth towards employment.
SWAP assists young adults age 15-24 who have mild to moderate barriers to employment to become competitively employed and to achieve successful job and community outcomes.
The goal of SWAP is to place youth in entry-level, career path jobs as they make the transition from school to work and adult life. SWAP is designed to enhance employability skills, increase employment opportunities and to involve youth in their communities in a meaningful way.
Who do we serve?
Youth between the ages of 15-24 who:
- Are DVR eligible
- Have mild to moderate needs in employment
- Are ready to work after short-term service provision (approximately one year)
Applicants can be:
- Out-of-school youth
- Drop-outs or at risk of dropping out
- Employed or unemployed
- High school graduates
- Currently enrolled students:
- Section 504 plan
- Special Education (on an IEP)
- Suspected or known disability not under any other category
Who does not qualify?
- Youth with involved employment needs
- Youth with ongoing legal problems that make participation difficult
- Youth who need long-term services, or extensive skills training
- Youth who need supported employment
MissionTo assist young adults with the transition into the work place by providing career track employment opportunities
GoalsTo provide the Adams County business community with a source of entry-level employees who are job-ready and to increase employment options for our participants