Dear Scott Carpenter Families,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We are so excited to see our returning and new students and families. Before we kick off the new year, we want to make sure you are aware of any new information.
New This Year:
- Pardon our Dust!
- Thank you voters, Scott Carpenter is in the process of getting a remodel! We are very excited for the update that are coming to our building! The district will be working throughout the school year and next summer to make sure that SCMS is sparkling and good as new for next year.
- Uniform Policy
- We have made a couple of changes to our uniform policy for this year! We want our students to come to school ready to learn and in order for this to happen please refer to the updated uniform policy below:
- ASTRO Shirt or PLAIN Navy or Black T-shirt or polo only
- PLAIN (No logo) Navy or Black sweatshirt without a hood
- No Hoodies permitted inside of the building
- Jeans or Khakis only- no rips, no tears, no holes permitted
- ID’s must be worn around their necks
- No headphones permitted at school (classrooms will have headphones to use, if a student is caught with headphones they will be brought to the office and need to be picked up by a parent or guardian)
- Phones only permitted at lunch, if a phone is out during the day it will be taken and student can get it from the office at the end of the day, if given over willingly without a fight
- New Staff to the School:
- Please help us in welcoming our new staff to the Scott Carpenter Family!
- Casey Trenkamp- Dean of Students
- Taylor Foster- School Psychologist
- Alexa Gianatasio- Special Education
- Leaman Boyd- Special Education (SSN)
- Richard Jaramillo- Special Education Para
- Kelly Biala- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Deborah French- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Kara Boone- Math
- Pamela Keel- Math
- Tyler Vogado- Literacy
- Jordan Davidek- Science
On to school news! We have set a date and time for 6th grade parent and student orientation. It will take place on August 12, 2019 from 9:00am-11:00am. Please join us for a light breakfast, school information, a tour and to collect your schedule. We will also hold a Back to School Open house for our 7th and 8th graders on August 12, 2019, from 3:00PM-5:30PM. If you are unable to attend 6th grade orientation, please pick up your schedule during open house.
Please note that picture day is on August 14, 2019, for all students. Students must be in uniform. Students will be required to wear an ID as a part of their uniform and picture day is the day they will receive theirs. Our first day of school is August 13, 2019, supervision starts at 8:35 AM, our hours here at SCMS are 8:53AM-4:00PM. We cannot wait to see you all!