The district may be unable to accommodate transportation for all eligible riders due to driver shortages. We strongly encourage families to consider transporting their students to school when feasible or make alternative arrangements to the extent possible”.
Registration is required to be eligible for consideration for Westminster Public Schools transportation services.
Having accurate data on how many transportation-eligible students will utilize their eligibility assists in efficient route planning, decreasing delays, and supports our ability to provide safe and reliable transportation to our Westminster Public Schools families.
Registration for transportation services will be open on Monday, April 24, 2023, and route assignments for the school year 2023-2024 will begin on August 1, 2023. Registration is not a guarantee of an assigned route, and registration creates an accurate list of eligible passengers per bus.
Students with a primary address within WPS District schools boundaries and/or a primary address outside the walk area of their home school will receive priority route assignments. They will find bus stop locations and times posted on the transportation tab on your student's Infinite Campus record starting Aug. 1, 2023.
Students with a primary address within the walking boundaries of their school of attendance and/or students with a primary address outside of District boundaries will receive consideration of route assignments beginning Monday, Sept. 11, 2023.
When a route reaches the legal capacity level, all remaining registrations for that particular area/route will be placed on a waitlist. Students and parents will be notified via email.
Bus Rider Registration (Link)
Bus Route Policies
The assigned bus and stop for your student is for the current school year only. Routes are subject to change throughout the school year and notification of changes will be sent through District communications.
- Times posted reflect the expected time the bus should depart from the bus stop during good weather.
- Inclement weather or traffic congestion may cause the route to run later than the posted time.
- We ask all students be at the bus stop five(5) minutes before the scheduled pick up time to avoid missing the bus. The school bus is on a tight schedule so that we can deliver students to school on time.
- Under no circumstances, will kindergarten students be released without a signed release form. This form can be obtained from your students' school, Transportation department, or by clicking on this link and must be submitted to the District's transportation office or bus driver.
2023-2024 School Bus Rider Registration Form
Only registered students will receive route information. Click here to access bus rider registration.
Transportation eligibility for WPS students is determined by the Board of Education’s Policy EEAA.
- Elementary students living beyond one mile from their boundary/home school
- Middle and High school students living beyond 1.5 miles from their boundary/home school
- Students attending a South Model school and is living within a designated transportation boundary.
- Students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) with transportation as a related service.
WPS transportation provides services for the following 12 District schools.
- Fairview Elementary
- Harris Park Elementary
- Mesa Elementary
- Sherrelwood Elementary
- Sunset Ridge Elementary
- Colorado Sports Leadership Academy K-8
- Josephine Hodgkins Elementary K-8
- Orchard Park Academy K-8
- Tennyson Knolls Preparatory School K-8
- Ranum Middle School
- Shaw Heights Middle School
- Westminster High School
The WPS Infofinder tool will help you find your neighborhood school locations, bus routes and stops times. Click Here
- Note: Personal student information is not provided on this website.
For questions on bus routes, please contact Transportation at 303-427-1977.