Attending a Board Meeting
- For the Board to act, a majority of the board members must vote in favor of a motion during a scheduled meeting. There must be a quorum present for Board business to be conducted. The Board governs the education of students and the operations of the district within limitations set by the State of Colorado. All decisions on budget, policy, personnel, and other legal matters are made by the Board as a whole, acting as one body.
- The Board meets formally on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Board meetings are located at Westminster High School in the Lecture Hall. From time to time, the Board may hold work/study sessions as appropriate. Work/study sessions are open to the public.
- Board decisions are made only during these public meetings.
- Executive sessions, which are closed to the public and news media, may be called to discuss specific topics. These topics may include:
- Student, personnel or legal matters
- Security arrangements or investigations
- Purchase, lease or sale of property
- Confidential matters
- Protected documents
- During Board meetings there is opportunity for the public to comment. The Board encourages public involvement and will listen to a patron’s views on school district matters, but patrons are asked to first go through regular school district channels. Personnel comments are not appropriate topics for public comments. Personnel concerns should be addressed in writing to the Superintendent. Please print off the form below:
- Entrance to the building for board meetings is through the front doors of Westminster High School.
- Please bring identification as it will be checked on the way in, as it is during the school day.
Last Modified on October 10, 2017