Becoming a Highly-Qualified Paraprofessional
Paraprofessionals must meet the following criteria if required:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent; AND
- Demonstrate submit matter competency by:
- Earning an Associate’s degree (or higher); OR
- Completing at least two years (48 credit hours) of study at an institution of higher education; OR
- Passing a formal assessment measureing one's knowledge of and ability to assista classroom teachers in reading, writing, and mathmatics such as the ParaPro PRAXIS or WorkKeys for Para Educators.
When applying for paraprofessional jobs, please be sure to submit the require documents proving you meet paraprofessional requirements. For more information or to schedule a ParaPro or WorkKeys exam, please contact the following:
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
Princeton, NJ 08541
Test Centers Information: https://www.ets.org/parapro/register/centers
- ParaPro passing score is 460.
WorkKeys Testing for Paraprofessional Educators
Red Rocks Community College, Arvada Campus Assessment Office
10280 W. 55th Ave.
Arvada, CO 80002
Phone: (303) 914-6030, (303) 914-6075
- Upon arrival, you must ask for the previous (older version) Paraprofessional Workkeys tests.
- WorkKeys passing scores are 4 for reading, 4 for math, and 3 for writing.