Becoming a Highly-Qualified Paraprofessional
Paraprofessionals must meet the following criteria if required:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent; AND
- Demonstrate subject matter competency by:
- Earning an Associate’s degree (or higher); OR
- Completing at least two years (48 credit hours) of study at a regionally accredited institution of higher education; OR
- Passing a formal assessment measuring one's knowledge of and ability to assist classroom teachers in reading, writing, and mathematics, such as the ParaPro PRAXIS or WorkKeys for Para Educators.
When applying for paraprofessional jobs, please be sure to submit the required documents proving you meet paraprofessional requirements. For more information or to schedule a ParaPro or WorkKeys exam, please contact the following:
Educational Testing Service (ETS) - PRAXIS
PO Box 6051
Princeton, NJ 08541-6051
ETS Website: https://www.ets.org/
Test Centers Information: https://www.ets.org/parapro
- ParaPro passing score is 460.