Becoming a Highly-Qualified Paraprofessional
Based on NCLB requirements, paraprofessionals must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent; AND
- Demonstrate submit matter competency by:
- Earning an Associate’s degree (or higher); OR
- Completing at least two years of college work (48 credit hours); OR
- Passing a formal state or local assessment in reading, writing, and mathematics such as the ParaPro PRAXIS or WorkKeys for Para Educators.
When applying for paraprofessional jobs, please be sure to submit the require documents proving you meet paraprofessional requirements. For more information or to schedule a ParaPro or WorkKeys exam, please contact the following:
WorkKeys Testing for Paraprofessional Educators
Red Rocks Community College, Arvada Campus
5420 Miller Street
Arvada, CO 80002
- WorkKeys passing scores are 4 for reading, 4 for math, and 3 for writing.