Closure of 72nd Avenue to Begin Wednesday
On Wednesday the City of Westminster will begin a long anticipated two-week closure of 72nd Avenue between Bradburn and Stuart. Students, staff and visitors to Westminster High School need to be aware of delays in the area and plan accordingly.
City planners say the stretch of 72nd Avenue will be closed through October 14 as construction crews build a new bridge to run over Little Dry Creek. It’s part of a high priority project from the City to beautify the area and make a safer crossing at the bridge.
Students, staff and visitors to Westminster High School can access the building from two directions (See the map below).
The parking lot can be entered from the north and west by traveling east on 72nd Avenue from Sheridan to Utica (See red arrows).
The parking lot can be accessed from the south and west via 68th Avenue and Lowell Blvd (See blue arrows).
- Allow extra time when arriving or leaving Westminster High School.
- Stay informed by reading updates on the Westminster High School web page and reading traffic signage from the City of Westminster.
- Visit the City of Westminster construction web page
- Exercise patience and flexibility.
- Remember that SAFETY is the highest priority.
- Contact the City of Westminster at 303 658 2125 with questions.
Posted September 28, 2015