Westminster Public Schools Child Find provides support and services to families who may have concerns about their child's development. Our team provides free developmental screenings and evaluations for children from three years through school age.
Who may refer a child?
- To be referred to Westminster Public Schools, the child must live within the boundaries of the district.
- Families are encouraged to refer their child.
- Referrals can also be made by health care providers, social workers, child care providers and other individuals familiar with the child’s development.
- You can self-refer *here*
- Screening services are available at no charge to eligible children.
- Assessments, evaluations and all special education services (if your child qualifies) are also free.
Areas of concern may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Motor (Gross/Fine)
Children under 3
For developmental questions in children under 3
- Call 833-733-3734 (833-REFER-EI)
- Early Intervention Colorado
Child Find for Students Currently Enrolled in Westminster Public Schools
Each school in WPS has a team of special education professionals that are prepared to provide screenings and evaluations when concerns are brought forward either from parent, teacher, doctor or other professionals through referral. If a parent has concerns, they must contact their school and speak with the Mental Health Interventionist or their child’s teacher and a referral will be initiated.
Early Learning Center at F.M. Day
Early Learning Center at Gregory Hill
John E. Flynn A Marzano Academy
Westminster Academy for International Studies
Colorado Sports Leadership Academy
Josephine Hodgkins Leadership Academy
Tennyson Knolls Preparatory School