Education and Training
Do you like working with children? Have you thought about
a career in Education? Educators have a lasting impact on the
lives of their students and prepares them for lifelong success!
Our Education and Training Pathway will prepare you to be
a part of one of the most important careers in the world!
Courses cover the basics of teaching which can be applied
to a range of education careers from elementary and
through high school levels, specific disciplines in community
education and workforce training. Child Development, mental
health and psychology principles and theories are also
covered in this pathway.
2022-23 WHS Courses:
- Education Exploration and Child/Adolescent Development
- Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Intro to Early Childhood Education (ECE 101)
FACS Student Organization - FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America)
- All students in FACS classes have the opportunity to join FCCLA. Student organizations help students provide training and realistic learning experiences to prepare students for employment in careers, develop leadership skills, and more. If you are interested, ask Ms. Maureen Riordon how you can be involved.
- Learn more at http://fccla.cccs.edu/
There are multiple ways you and your organization can ensure the success of our CTE programs and students continue. Contact Lottie Wilson via email email@example.com to learn more or click Ed Foundation Donation Link to donate to support CTE through our WPS Education Foundation. You can specify the program and/or activity you wish to support under the "Special Instructions or Comments for Non-Profit" box.