WPS Title I Parent Involvement Plan
Westminster Public Schools (WPS) endorses meaningful partnerships among schools, parents, family caregivers and the community. WPS and its schools promote effective parent involvement in:
- Open and transparent communication
- School level decision-making
- Support and Advocacy of Student Achievement
- Student learning and progress monitoring
- Community collaboration & partnerships
The WPS Title I Parent Involvement Plan is jointly developed with parents and is aligned to WPS' Parent Involvement Policy and outlines efforts to involve parents in the district’s activities. We thank parents and administrative staff for their partnership and input in developing this document.
WPS communicates information to parents:
- WPS website
- What's Up WPS district newsletter
- Automated phone calls and emails
- WPS calendar
- Progress reports and workshops
- Board community events
Information often shared includes:
- Reading, writing and math standards and schools’ performance on Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC).
- Title I requirements through the use of school-level Parent Involvement Plans and School-Parent Compacts.
- In languages that parents can understand through translation and interpreting services provided by Learning Services.
Get Involved at Your School
WPS provides opportunities for parents to participate in their child’s education by:
- Participating in school improvement teams, parent involvement committees, academic tutoring, curriculum support initiatives, and career awareness activities.
- Joining organized stakeholder groups such as Parent/Teacher Organizations (PTO), Wolf Westminster HS Parent Advisory Committee (Wolf PAC), area advisory councils, Parent Academy for Student Success (PASS) Building Accountability Advisory Committees and District Accountability Advisory Committee.
- Becoming a classroom helper and providing clerical/front office/library/cafeteria support at their child’s school.
- For more information, please call your child’s school!
Have Your Voice Heard
WPS values parent input in decision-making and their advocacy for their child’s education through:
- Annual school-level meetings held with parent representatives to review, provide feedback, evaluate, and make revisions to district and school-level parent involvement plans.
- Regularly scheduled Board of Education meetings monthly where citizens are encouraged to offer their input and suggestions.
- Annual meetings for parents to review the Parent and Family Involvement Policy.
Community Liaisons & Parent Support
WPS promotes positive parenting and student learning through:
- Community liaisons in schools to support communication in parent/teacher or family matters.
- Making student academic expectations and standards-based curriculum available through Empower.
- Empower strengthens parents’ ability to monitor and assist their child with progress monitoring and learning targets completion.
- Parents can register to use Empower at their home schools.
Title IX, Part A: Homeless Education
The WPS Title IX, Part A program maintains district and community partnerships to provide homeless families and unaccompanied youth with educational and social support advocacy. For more details or information, please visit the Title IX, Part A webpage online here or contact:
Title IX Coordinator