If you are undocumented or have DACA status, there are options for you to go to college!
Undocumented/DACA students can first qualify for in-state tuition and in-state financial aid through a program called ASSET. To qualify for ASSET, you must:
- Have attended a Colorado high school for ONE full year year (as of 2022) (this can include an ASCENT year)
- Graduate from a Colorado high school or earn your GED in Colorado.
If you meet these qualifications, you will be able to complete the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA), qualify for in-state tuition rates and financial aid. Please click here to learn more or apply for CASFA.
You will also need to work with your college's financial aid office to ensure you are classified as an ASSET student for in-state tuition. Please contact your college's financial aid department to ensure you are completing all required forms. If you need help completing these forms or the CASFA, please contact the Future Center.
Do you need help completing your CASFA at any time of the day or night? The Virtual CASFA Wizard is here for you! This tool will take you step-by-step through the entire CASFA application. Just open this website on a separate phone, tablet, laptop or browser window and START!
CASFA is for DACA & Undocumented students, Non-Citizen students and International students who are interested in applying for financial aid from the State of Colorado and institutional aid from colleges in Colorado.
Students who can complete the FAFSA should not complete the CASFA.
If you get stuck at any time, please make sure you save your progress and email the Future Center firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-657-3929.
Undocumented or DACA Students
All undocumented students, regardless of ASSET eligibility, should also apply for individual scholarships. Any scholarship that does not require citizenship and/or FAFSA/Pell eligibility is a scholarship you should apply for! Please see the list below for scholarship recommendations.
If you are undocumented or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, please click on the links below for possible scholarships.
- Westminster Public Schools Foundation
- Latin American Education Foundation
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Boettcher Scholarship
- Golden Door Scholars Program
- Colorado Keeping the Dream Alive Scholarship
- TheDream.Us Scholarship
- ReconoceR Scholarship Fund
- Que Llueva Cafe Scholarship Program
- Keeping the Dream Alive New Scholarship List
- Scholarship Lists for DACA Students
- More Scholarships for DACA Students
- Colleges that meet 100% financial need for undocumented students.
If the lists might appear to be outdated, most of these scholarships are still available and you need to click on each link to visit the website for that scholarship.
These are good sites search for scholarships: