Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
Welcome! Bienvenidos! أهلا وسهلا Shagatom, Dobrodošli, 歡迎, Bienvenue! Willkommen! Shalom, Suswagatam, - ようこそ, 환영합니다, Тавтай морилогтун, Bhalee Karay Aaya, Mabuhay!
The CLDE branch thoughtfully acts upon the imperative to empower students through high-quality language development and best practices in academic support. We create a culture of equity, inclusion, collaboration and professionalism to foster success in the school system and beyond.
After a successful academic experience, our students will enter the global community as self-advocating citizens bringing a myriad of skills and contributions including cultural and linguistic diversity as a clear and constant asset.
- All schools will implement ELD program models with a focus on access, equity, and quality.
- All elementary schools will utilize On Our Way to English as a primary resource for language learning.
- All secondary schools will utilize iLit as a primary resource for language learning.
- The effective acquisition of academic English to promote student achievement will be a priority within the Competency-Based System.
- Assessment will systematically determine each student’s progress in attaining English proficiency (including the level of comprehension, speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills) and student achievement in academic standards.
- Instruction and accountability will be based on body of evidence data related to student performance.
- All CLDE instructional staff will be fully licensed and endorsed to serve our students, and they will recieve ongoing professional development.
- Parents will be encouraged and provided with opportunities to actively collaborate with schools to support their child’s learning.