Whether discovering new cancer treatments or teaching healthy lifestyle choices to their communities, today’s biomedical science professionals are tackling significant challenges to make the world a better place. Biomedical Science students take on these same real-world challenges – and they do it before they graduate high school!
Working with the same tools professionals use in hospitals and labs, students engage in compelling, hands-on activities and work together to find solutions to problems. Students take from the courses in-demand knowledge and skills they will use in high school and in the rest of their lives on any career path they take.
2022-23 WHS Courses:
- PLTW Principles of Biomedical Science
- PLTW Human Body Systems
- PLTW Medical Interventions
- PLTW Biomedical Innovations
- Students can earn three college credits yearly through the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
- Potential to earn 12 college credits at the end of four years.
- National Health Science Certification and Certified Phlebotomy Technician Credentials are available through this pathway.
Biomed Student Organization - HOSA (Health Occupations Student Association)
- All students in Biomed classes have the opportunity to join HOSA. Student organizations help students provide training and realistic learning experiences to prepare students for career employment, develop leadership skills, and more. If you are interested, ask Mr. Patrick Lineberger, Mr. Frederick Martin, Ms. Sue Singh, or Mr. Scott Troy how you can be involved.
- Learn more at www.coloradohosa.org
There are multiple ways you and your organization can help ensure the success of our CTE programs and students will continue. Contact Lottie Wilson via email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or click Ed Foundation Donation Link to donate to support CTE through our WPS Education Foundation. You can specify the program and/or activity you wish to support under the "Special Instructions or Comments for Non-Profit" box.