Student Services supports schools and students by providing different levels of prevention, intervention and resources for students and families who may be at-risk of being suspended, expelled or otherwise failing to complete school successfully. Our team is committed to professional practices that promote student learning and success.
Whether the issue is behavior, attendance or a combination of the two, Student Services is a resource for schools and families to respond to student’s individual needs. We work directly with schools, students and families by providing district-level interventions and supports to students at-risk of expulsion and those experiencing chronic absenteeism.
Services We Provide
- Consultation to schools regarding best practices in the areas of attendance and student behavior
- Facilitates attendance court proceedings with the 17th Judicial District Court
- Facilitates and manages expulsion processes in WPS
- Collaborates and works in conjunction with the other WPS departments to provide services for the most impacted students in WPS
- Partner with several community agencies (i.e. Community Reach Center, Link Juvenile Justice Center, Adams County Health and Human Services, and Adams County Youth Initiatives) to serve students at-risk and their families manuvering the obstecles preventing them from succeeding.