We are very excited that your child will be attending Westminster High School and we look forward to meeting your student on Orientation Day, Friday, August 9 th , 2019 from 8am – 11:45am . As you may know, our school participates in the nationwide Link Crew Program, an organization whose sole purpose is to help freshmen feel more comfortable as well as help them achieve success in their first year of high school. The Link Crew freshman orientation and transition program is designed to both welcome and support freshmen by assigning them a junior or senior Link Leader as a mentor during this first year. This Link Leader is a responsible upperclassman that was hand selected from a large pool of applicants and has met the qualifications of being a good role model and a positive leader on our campus.
The following is information to let you know what you and your student can expect in advance of their first day of school.
1) Your student can expect to receive an invitation to Freshman Orientation Day in the mail. If he or she does not receive the invitation please call the main office at (303) 657-3980 and request one;
2) A day or two before orientation your student will also receive a phone call from her or his Link Crew Leader personally inviting your student to orientation day and giving details of where to be and what time;
3) Your student is encouraged not to bring backpacks, purses or other like items as the day is quite active;
4) Because the day is active, please make sure that your student wears comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement.
5) Please refer to our website for Bus Pick up and Drop off times.
This is a student only function so we encourage you to let your child attend on her or his own. Following Orientation, on Monday, August 12 th , your child will have the opportunity to participate in Westminster High School’s Freshman Academy where they will learn the ins and outs of high school. Classes will start at 7:05am and end at 2:25pm and will include lunch. On Monday, freshmen will be taking their pictures and receiving their student IDs so it is necessary to attend.
We look forward to meeting you and your student on Orientation Day!
The Link Crew Coordinators