To transform how we as adults and students interact with ourselves, each other, and the world around us!
In WPS children learn to develop student agency through learning, modeling, and developing attributes and skills that are aligned with the CASEL Competencies:
- Self-Awareness (emotional regulation, accurate self-perception, self-discipline)
- Self-Management (motivation and resilience, self-advocacy, goal-setting)
- Social-Awareness (empathy and compassion, cultural competence, perspective-taking)
- Relationship Skills (relationship building, teamwork, communication)
- Responsible Decision-Making (analyzing and decision-making, problem solving, evaluating and reflecting)
In a learner centered classroom, students are partners in the teaching-learning cycle. We value the empowerment of students to own their learning through:
- Choice and Voice
- Motivation and Engagement
- Goal setting and progress monitoring
- Strength-based Decisions
**WPS Educators** - Looking for SEL Proficiency Scales? Use the link below.
Resources for Responding to Traumatic Events and Violence