How Can I Keep My Mesa Student Safe?
Nowadays, there is more risk than usual. Although keeping children off scooters, skateboards, motorized scooters and shoes with wheels while at school is a great safety measure, we have a few more things to think about in 2021.
- Students and staff who feel ill are required to STAY HOME.
- All students and staff will be required to wear face masks. Staff will also wear eye protection and a KN-95 mask.
- Family members will not be permitted on the playground in the back of school or past the front entry.
- Students will be placed in smaller groups.
- Social distancing will be observed and practiced to the fullest level possible. For instance, this year we have a 10 minute arrival time and a staggered dismissal.
- Regular hand washing is required and hand sanitizer is encouraged.
- Students will not share school materials.
- Enhanced cleaning and decontamination happens throughout the day, all day.
Remind your children to practice the 3 W’s of WPS:
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance