High Reliability Schools™ Framework and Unified Improvement Planning
Colorado schools and districts use a Unified Improvement Planning Process, to identify data-driven goals for continuous improvement. The process involves reviewing current performance and trends and identifying major improvement strategies meaningful to specific school communities. Westminster Public Schools uses Dr. Marzano’s High Reliability Schools™ (HRS) framework grounds our collective purpose, giving all students the opportunity to learn content and skills they need for success in college, careers, and beyond. This framework is supported by forty years of educational research. An HRS™ is one in which all students learn the content and skills they need for success in college, careers, and beyond.
The WPS framework consists of five levels:
- Level 1: Safe and Collaborative Culture
- Level 2: Effective Teaching in Every Classroom
- Level 3: Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum
- Level 4: Standards-Referenced Reporting
- Level 5: Competency-Based Education
Each school year, all WPS schools have to create a Unified Improvement Planning Process plan.
District Showcase & Why Westy
Each October, WPS hosts the District Showcase. This annual event offers the opportunity for families to meet with their school, ask questions, and learn about their plans for the upcoming year. It is also a fun evening for the kids to come in costume and enjoy some Halloween tricks and treats!
Families are also invited to attend the "Why Westy" event during the Showcase to learn why Westminster High School is the right choice for their family. Visit "Why Westy" to learn more!
School UIP Plans
Westminster Public School District
- WPS UIP Executive Summary
- WPS UIP Plan 2022-23 (full report)
- Colorado Sports Leadership Academy UIP 2022-23
- Fairview PK-8 UIP 2022-23
- Josephine Hodgkins Leadership Academy UIP 2022-23
- Orchard Park Academy UIP 2022-23
- Sunset Ridge PK-8 UIP 2022-23
- Tennyson Knolls Preparatory School UIP 2022-23
- Colorado STEM Academy UIP 2022-23
- John E. Flynn A Marzano Academy UIP 2022-23
- Metropolitan Arts Academy UIP 2022-23
- Westminster Academy for International Studies UIP 2022-23