Dear Fairview Families,
Dear Fairview Families,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! We are so excited to see our returning and new students and families. Before we kick off the new year, we want to make sure you are aware of any new information.
New This Year:
Arrival and Dismissal of Students
- All students will line up to enter the building on the West (back) side of the main building. Primary Students (grades K-2) will line up along the wall of the primary classrooms. Intermediate Students (grades 3-5) will line up along the wall of the gymnasium. Please look for signs to help for the first week of school. Preschool begins at 8:15AM.
- Students will be able to enter the building at 7:50AM (regardless of weather conditions). Teachers will supervise students in the classroom and students may begin breakfast. There will not be supervision on the playground or blacktop in the morning. School will still begin at 8:00AM for grades K-5. Any arrival after 8:00AM is considered tardy. Please see the parent/student handbook for more on attendance.
- Any adult wishing to enter the building must do so through the main doors on the East (front) side of the building. Please help us by signing in at the main office and wearing a visitor sticker.
- We will dismiss students at 3:00PM from the blacktop (2:45PM for preschool). It will be the same process as last year, where classroom teachers will dismiss students to a parent/guardian. Whomever your student has as a teacher for the last period of the day will dismiss them. Please help us to know who your student(s) is being dismissed to by filling out an after school plan and returning it to your student’s homeroom teacher.
Competency Based Education
- o Your student has only been scheduled into their homeroom classroom based on grade level. As we complete beginning of the year testing your student will be placed in their math and literacy classrooms based on their skills. You will receive written notice of your students’ final schedule in September.
Creative Arts Pipeline
- As many of you already know, our district is known and highly regarded for our creative arts programming. We will now have a full-time music teacher at Fairview. There will be additional options for students during the school day to experience all types of music!
- As we head into our first fundraiser, we will be raising funds to bring our stage back to life! The hope is to buy curtains and lighting, so that we can have a proper musical performance. More information to come in the next couple of weeks.