Westminster Public Schools provides free bus service for students who live more than one mile from their assigned neighborhood elementary school and more than a mile and a half from their assigned middle or high school.
Free bus service is also available to students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) with transportation as a related service. All students using transportation services are required to have a Westminster Public Schools ID card in their possession while riding a bus.
Transporting your children in the safest manner is our number one priority. Knowing when and where each student gets on and off the school bus is vital. To assist in this safety feature, your child will be issued a school ID at the beginning of their school year. The ID is an RFID card that each transportation eligible student will be required to have on their person at the time of bus services. Students are required to scan their ID each time they enter/exit the school bus. Your student's first initial ID is at no charge, all replacements must be obtained via the school office for a fee. DO NOT PUNCH HOLES IN THE ID. This will damage the card and require purchasing a new ID. You may place the ID in a clear plastic sleeve attached to a lanyard if needed.
To be eligible for consideration for Transportation Services, a Bus Rider Registration must be completed. “ WPS recognizes the importance of providing safe and reliable transportation for students. In order to accommodate the greatest needs, some routes may be eliminated, and not all requests for transportation will be granted. The district may be unable to accommodate transportation for all eligible riders due to driver shortages. We strongly encourage families to consider transporting their students to school when feasible or make alternative arrangements to the extent possible .
Westminster Public Schools Transportation Department proudly services approximately 4,000 students traveling to one of our district schools, and two of our neighboring districts for the school year.
- WPS does not charge any fees for students to ride a school bus.
Student Transportation Policies
- Westminster Public Schools Transportation Department follows all State and Federal regulations to ensure safe transportation for all students and proper maintenance on all vehicles. Please see Superintendent Policy EEA for more information regarding student transportation services. Please also see Superintendent Policy EEAA for more information regarding pupil transportation parameters.
- Please refer to the WPS Student Rights and Responsibilities Code of Conduct Handbook for information regarding the student school bus code of conduct, disciplinary action for transportation vehicles and the procedures for suspension from any transportation vehicle.
Student Walking Distances
- Westminster Public Schools will provide transportation for all eligible elementary school and K-8 students who live beyond one mile from their assigned school, and to middle and high school students who live beyond one and one-half miles from their assigned school.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- View the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) webpage for more information about student transportation in WPS.
Join Our Team
Becoming a school bus driver is an interesting career choice, and this past year, with COVID’s help, it has been even more challenging. WPS would like our community partners to spread the word that we’re currently hiring drivers!
Please view our current job openings.
Executive Director of Environmental Services and Capital Improvement
Transportation Administrative Assistant
P: 303-427-1977 or 720-542-5119
Hours: 5:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
After Hours: 303-426-3274