Westminster Public Schools provides free bus service for all students who live more than one mile from their assigned neighborhood elementary school and more than a mile and a half from their assigned middle or high school.
WPS also provides free transportation for students who attend one of the choice pk-12 schools on the south side of the district. Colorado Sports Leadership Academy, Josephine Hodgkins Leadership Academy, Orchard Park Academy, or Tennyson Knolls Preparatory School. In general students will depart from an assigned bus stop with the bus circulating to all of the schools.
Free bus service is also available to students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) with transportation as a related service. All students using transportation services are required to have a Westminster Public Schools ID card in their possession while riding a bus.
WPS transportation will be following the CDC public health orders and all passengers and staff are required to wear a mask while using transportation services.
Transporting your children in the safest manner is our number one priority. Knowing when and where each student gets on and off the school bus is vital. To assist in this safety feature, your child will be issued a school ID at the beginning of their school year. The ID is an RFID card which each transportation eligible student will be required to have on their person at the time of bus services. Students are required to scan their ID each time they enter/exit the school bus. Your student's first initial ID is at no charge, all replacements must be obtained via the school office for a fee. DO NOT PUNCH HOLES IN THE ID. This will damage the card and require purchasing a new ID. You may place the ID in a clear plastic sleeve attached to a lanyard if needed.
Westminster Public Schools Transportation Department proudly services approximately 4,000 students traveling to one of our district schools, and two of our neighboring districts for the school year.
- WPS does not charge any fees for students to ride a school bus.
- Please follow the link above to Bus Routes and Schedule information.
Student Transportation Policies
- Westminster Public Schools Transportation Department follows all State and Federal regulations to ensure safe transportation for all students and proper maintenance on all vehicles. Please see Superintendent Policy EEA for more information regarding student transportation services. Please also see Superintendent Policy EEAA for more information regarding pupil transportation parameters.
- Please refer to the WPS Student Rights and Responsibilities Code of Conduct Handbook for information regarding the student school bus code of conduct, disciplinary action for transportation vehicles and the procedures for suspension from any transportation vehicle.
Student Walking Distances
- WPS will provide transportation to all elementary school students who live beyond one mile from their assigned school, and to middle and high school students who live beyond one and one-half miles from their assigned school.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- View the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) webpage for more information about student transportation in WPS.
Route & General Transportation Concerns, Driver Recruiting
- Jodene Monroe
- Transportation Manager
Route Information, Pick-up & Drop-off Times, Bus Attendance
- Mary Camarillo
- 303-427-1977 or 720-542-5119
Discipline & Misconduct Issues
- Ted Chavez
- Driver Trainer
- 720-542-5107 or 720-542-5108
General Transportation Inquiries, Z-Pass Replacements
- Lupe Sanchez
- Administrative Assistant
Executive Director of Auxiliary Services
P: 303-427-1977 or 720-543-5119
Hours: 5:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
After Hours: 303-426-3274
Join Our Team
Becoming a school bus driver is an interesting career choice, and this past year with COVID’s help it has been even more challenging. WPS would like our community partners to spread the word that we’re currently hiring drivers!
Please view our current job openings.