College Prep Ideas for your Freshman Year!
- When possible, write papers, do projects, etc. about college
- Enter essay contests, speech contests, science fair/contests for scholarships and awards
- get involved in extracurricular activities like sports and clubs
- Volunteer in your community
- Explore careers and job opportunities through College in Colorado
- Study hard and do well in school - from now on, your grades COUNT
- Attend events on college campuses (plays, concerts, sporting events, etc.)
- Get to know your high school counselor
- Talk to your friends about what they plan to do after high school. Talk to your parents and your friends' parents about what they do.