Cell Phone Policy
We now have one-to-one technology available for each student with the Chromebooks. This means there is no school related reason for student to bring electronic devices. If they do bring them they should store them safely and not seek to access them during the school day. The reason for this shift is one, the above stated Chromebooks and two, we want to eliminate distractions for your child, our students.
Feel free to call the main office if you have questions regarding this policy, 303.428.8583. Below is the district’s policy paraphrased from page 33 of the Student’s Rights and Responsibilities handbook. The administration may prohibit the use of any personal electronic communication device on district property or at school-related functions away from district property by any student at any time.
The administration may take appropriate disciplinary action, including but not limited to, confiscation of the device, which will be returned to the student and/or parent in accordance with established building guidelines. Prohibited uses of personal electronic communication devices on district property or at school-related functions away from district property include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using such devices to engage in scholastic dishonesty;
- Using such devices to download, upload, create, send or view video, pictures, audio or text reasonably interpreted by the administration to be inappropriate, indecent, offensive or sexually suggestive;
- Using such devices to create photographs, still images, video or audio recordings of students, school visitors and/or District or school staff without permission of the student, school visitor and/or district or school staff member;
- Using such devices to save personal or non-school related files to a District- owned computer;
- Using such devices for any form of “cyber-bullying” such as sending threatening text-messages, images or email, or other unwanted or unsolicited electronic communications or for any purpose that is detrimental to the welfare or safety of other pupils or of school personnel, including any communication that creates a threat of physical harm to the child or to other children;
- Using such devices to transmit any communications that cause a disruption to the learning environment;
- Using such devices in a manner which is potentially unsafe, illegal or otherwise might violate the WPS Code of Conduct for students.