Westy Idol Rescheduled for April 29
Due to last Wednesday's winter storm, Westminster Public Schools canceled after school activities and rescheduled Westy Idol for Monday, April 29.
The Annual Creative Arts Pipeline talent competition is back at the Joanna Ramsey Theatre located inside Westminster High School (WHS) for another series of dazzling performances. Click here to view the event flyer that was designed by WHS student, Kong shia (Samuel) Lor.
Students from all grade levels will sing, dance and show off a myriad of talents to a panel of celebrity judges that will choose one winner from each category: Elementary, Middle and High School, and one overall winner.
The show begins at 7 p.m. on April 29 with tickets available for purchase at the door for $5.00. All winners from the event will be announced at the end of the night.
If you are not able to attend, or have loved ones who would like to watch the event from home, click here to watch the live stream on the night of the event.
On April 3, over 60 acts came to WHS to audition for the talent competition, below is the finalist list for Westy Idol!
- Arturo Varela Roan (Mesa Elementary)
- Camille Espinosa (Sunset Ridge Elementary)
- Nellie Lapetina (Sherrelwood Elementary)
- Yazmin Bustillos (Hodgkins Elementary)
- Elias and Jason Cisneros (Westminster Academy for International Studies)
- Eloisa Trujillo-Carrillo (Ranum Middle School)
- Alto Truinfo: Luis Bejar, Angel Rodriguez, Gio Rodriguez and Eduardo Suarez Sanchez (Ranum Middle School)
- Dani Gomez-Ramos (Ranum Middle School)
- Nevaeh Gurule (Shaw Heights Middle School)
- Adrian Fleischer (Shaw Heights Middle School)
- Abriana Velasquez (Westminster Academy for International Studies)
- Ricky Cordova (Westminster High School)
- Las-Super-Kul: Fifi Garcia, Lupita Vidal, Alondra Cordero and Ha Pham (Westminster High School)
- Itzel Espinoza (Westminster High School)
- Isaac Hernandez (Westminster High School)
- Kyara Pew Payan (Westminster High School)
- Karina Lucero Pena (Westminster High School)