Uniform Policy for 2018-19
Success and leadership start with how we are dressed. At Hodgkins, our uniform policy gives all of our students their best chance at being safe and successful. Most professions as adults require a uniform or dress code. Sports teams, policemen, firemen, health professionals, lawyers, even clerks dress to accomplish their jobs. Uniforms identify members as a team or to reflect well on themselves, their employer/firm, and the public. Our Hodgkins student leaders dress as the leaders they are! Our uniform policy is as follows:
- Tops are shades of blue, black, gray or white, plain, button up shirts (polo or full button). Students may wear plain blue, black or white sweaters or hoodies over shirts. Shirts must be tucked in if they are longer than pants pockets; otherwise, belts and tucking in are not required.
- Pants may be khaki, black or navy blue (docker style or carpenter okay), shorts, capris, skirts or skorts. Girls may wear plain black, navy blue, white or tan leggings under skirts, dresses, or shorts only. No leggings or tights may be worn as pants. Shorts and skirts/skorts must be an appropriate length. Sweats and pajama pants are not part of the uniform.
- Tennis shoes are required for participation in P.E. and are recommended for any outside activity. Shoes should be appropriate for the season such as boots in the winter. Shoes must be closed toe, no flip-flops or sandals are allowed.
- All uniform items are easily found at Walmart, Target, Old Navy, children’s stores, second hand stores, and thrift stores. PTA will also sponsor a $1 per item sale at the beginning of the year of donated uniforms.
Uniform rewards and reinforcement
- Each classroom will keep a scoreboard to track the days all students are in uniform by the class student leader
- The classroom with the best uniform compliance will win an extra recess at the end of the semester
- First infraction: Teacher verbal warning
- Second infraction: Call parents to bring appropriate clothing if possible. If not, student will trade clothes with school for the day
- Third infraction: Meet with administration and sign uniform contract
- Note: The cycle starts over each semester (fresh start)
For information on school uniforms, click the following link: Hodgkins Uniform Policy