- Colorado STEM Academy
Weekly Update for March 16- March 20
Good Afternoon CSA Families,
During challenging times like these I always look to see how our community is coming together. We can see it everywhere. Vendors across the nation are offering free resources to students. Comcast is offering Internet access to those in need. Our district’s nutrition services are offering pick-up meals for families. Finally, our CSA teachers and staff are working diligently to ensure our students maintain a learning plan during these closures.
I want to assure you that Westminster Public Schools is following the outbreak very carefully and we are coordinating our efforts with the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment and the Tri-County Health Department.
These are uncharted waters for all of us so we ask for your patience and flexibility during this week and any additional closures. Here’s what you can expect from us…
- Weekly communications from me with schoolwide updates.
- Daily emails from each of your child’s teachers with assignments. Expect to receive emails between 8:00-10:00am each morning with daily assignments. These emails will go to all parents prek-8 and all students in grades 3-8. The first email will include a lot of information for anytime, anywhere learning and future emails will be specific to daily assignments.
- Open communications via email to respond to questions and provide support to students. Please communicate with teachers as your primary source of contact.
- If you need access to your parent Empower account or your registration account for next school year, please contact Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you support your child and family through this quarantine period with the following…
- Maintain a consistent bedtime and wake-up time.
- Create a designated learning space for children.
- Maintain a daily schedule to include outside time, academic time, family time, chore time, and choice time.
- Check on your child’s work each day and communicate with teachers.
Our CSA staff will be available online to support students in every area from general education to electives to social emotional learning.
Together, we will get through this stronger.