- Future Center
Future Plan 101: How to Dream. Plan. Do! for Your Future
At this time, all grade levels should have completed a Beginning of Year Survey, which gives students an opportunity to update their career interest, as well as their contact information. Students who were unable to complete the survey can see the activity in their Empower Future Plan Fall Playlist.
All grades will also receive information about the new Dream, Plan, Do! campaign, as well as more specific examples of resources that are available to them in the Future Center. Here is what students and counselors are doing now to prepare their Future Plans:
- 9th graders will be visited by the WHS counselors. Complete a series of activities meant to help them learn more about their personalities.
- 10th graders will start to learn about how different career interests require different levels of education or training after high school
- 11th graders will begin to prepare for their Junior Interview. The Junior Interview is an opportunity for students to meet with their counselor to make sure they are on track for graduation. If you would like to attend with your student, please contact your student's counselor!
- 12th graders were visited by Future Center counselors over the last three weeks to hear about ways that the Future Center is available to support them in taking active steps towards their future goals. Starting the week of September 10th, Future Center Counselors will return to AE classrooms for "Just Do It Days" where students will be given intensive support to apply for jobs, college, apprenticeships, and more!
The month of September begins another year of Future Planning across middle schools as well that will include:
- 6th graders will be looking at their personal strengths and career interests.
- 7th graders will begin work on their year-long career research project.
- 8th graders will be begin their preparation for November's Career Expo by looking at the different Career Clusters and how those relate to their career interests.
Families, have conversations with your child about their future dreams and plans. If you have any questions about your student's Future Plan work for this month, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Future Center!