Changes to Student Fees for 2018-19
Beginning next school year, Westminster Public Schools (WPS) has simplified student fees for students and families! The following updates and changes will be effective starting in the 2018-19 school year:
No More Course Fees!
- WPS is eliminating all course fees and will be instead charging one instructional materials charge.
- Technology-use charges will still apply, including fees for music instruments, photo IDs, lockers, etc.
Early Payment Discount
- WPS will be implementing an Early Payment Discount starting in the 2018-19 school year.
- Each student will be eligible for a $20 discount if all current fees are paid by October 1.
Where do I pay student fees?
- To pay your student's fees by credit card online please log on to your Parent Portal account online here.
- Fees can also be paid by check or cash at any WPS school during the school year.
- If families who are unable to pay charges due to economic hardship or another reason, please complete the Fee Waiver Request Form.
- The waiver will be reviewed by the school principal and considered for an exception. Please understand, however, that only a limited number of these waivers are granted each year. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your school principal.
Why does WPS charge school fees?
- WPS is dedicated to consistently improving the curriculum to engage students through purposeful, project-based approaches, integrating instructional technology to enact new knowledge, and creating a strong school culture to empower children to be great citizens of the world. We are creating opportunities for learners to think, work together, and contribute throughout life. Our goal is to equip our students with the knowledge and skills they will need for the day after graduating from high school.
- Fees are essential to help cover additional expenses related to the unique programs and classes offered at your child's school. These include:
- Project Lead the Way Career and Technical Education (CTE) career pathways
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programs
- College and career readiness programs such as AVID, online and credit recovery courses, Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate® (IB)
- Athletics programs and extra-currricular opportunities
- Learn more about each of these in the Where Your Fees Go flier (A Dónde Van Sus Cuotas folleto)