- Early Learning Center at Gregory Hill
- Monthly Newsletters
News & Announcements
Gregory Hill March 2021 Newsletter
March 1st – March 5th –Parent Teacher Conferences
March 1st - March 4th- Dr. Seuss wacky week
March 10th- Parent Coffee
March 22nd-March 26th– Spring Break – No School for Students
March 29th – Students return from Spring Break
Message from the Principal:
Hello Parents, Families, and Community Members,
Although we are getting closer to spring, March is our snowiest month so please make sure your students come dressed for the weather. We often go outside even if the weather is not ideal. Since we are ready to pivot to remote learning at any time, if we get inclement weather the district may decide to switch to a remote learning day. If this would to happen, your child would need to attend their “zoom” class for that day. We will use the same schedule and zoom links as we used during remote learning time in December. Your child’s teacher will email the link and time for the class so you can prepare for this change.
Food For Thought Delivery
I am excited to announce a wonderful opportunity for all of our families. Starting March 8th, all students will receive a donated bag of non-perishable food items. The deliveries will continue every other Monday and can be picked up during your child’s pick-up time. We hope everyone is able to take advantage of this amazing opportunity. Delivery dates; March 8th, March 29th, April 12th, April 26th, May 10th, May 24th
It is that time of year when we need to start thinking about registering for the 2021-2022 school year. All students will need to complete reregistration.
- If you have a child who will be 5 by October 1st, 2021, then they are of age to attend Kindergarten in Westminster Public Schools. At this point, you should be making contact with your child’s home school and making sure they know you will be bringing your student.
- If you have a child who will be 4 by October 1st, 2021, then they are eligible to apply for the full day lottery preschool program. The lottery will close on February 15th and parents will be notified that same week of placement. After the initial lottery, students will continue to be placed on a first-come, first-served basis as space is available.
- If your child will be returning to preschool, you will need to reregister online. Returning students that register for next school year will get preference over new students.
- If you (or someone you know) will be registering a new preschool student at the ELC next year, we started taking new registrations in January. Our program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis and students will be notified of their placement in our program by late May or early June.
Dr. Seuss’ Wacky Week March 1st-March 4th
Monday-Crazy Sock Day
Tuesday-Dr. Seuss’ Outfit or Hat
We have a special guest joining us for Parent Coffee this month to discuss food safety. Please join us at our next parent coffee on Wednesday, March 10th at 10:00 via zoom https://mywps.zoom.us/j/93063035901