Gregory Hill February 2021 Newsletter
February 10th- Parent Coffee at 10:30am
February 15th - President’s Day- No School
March 1st – March 5th –Parent Teacher Conferences
Message from the Principal:
Hello Parents, Families, and Community Members,
I cannot believe we are already to the second month of 2021. The return to in-person learning has gone smoothly and I would like to thank our parents and community members for their continued support! In an effort to have as many school days as possible, we have made a change to the calendar. Parent/Teacher conferences will be held the week of March 1st, but students will have school on Thursday, March 4th. This is a change from our original calendar. Registration for the 2021/2022 school year opened in January. Please use your parent portal information to login to Infinite Campus and register.
Please remember to be safe in the parking lot and park in designated parking spots only. You can find more parking lot reminders at the end of the newsletter.
It is that time of year when we need to start thinking about registering for the 2021-2022 school year. All students will need to complete reregistration.
- If you have a child who will be 5 by October 1st, 2021, then they are of age to attend Kindergarten in Westminster Public Schools. At this point, you should be making contact with your child’s home school and making sure they know you will be bringing your student.
- If you have a child who will be 4 by October 1st, 2021, then they are eligible to apply for the full day lottery preschool program. The lottery will close on February 15th, parents will be notified that same week of placement. After the initial lottery, students will continue to be placed on a first-come, first-served basis, as space is available.
- If your child will be returning to preschool, you will need to reregister online. Returning students that register for next school year will get preference over new students.
- If you (or someone you know) will be registering a new preschool student at the ELC next year, we started taking new registrations in January. Our program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis and students will be notified of their placement in our program by late May or early June.
Parent Teacher conferences is a great time to learn about how your child is doing in class. During this event your child’s classroom teacher will present data about how your child has been performing this year. You will receive a packet of useful information about your child’s progress and specific activities that you can use at home to work on with your child. This will also be a great opportunity to ask your child’s teacher questions that you may have. All conferences will be held via zoom the first week of March. Please look for more information from your child’s teacher.
Do you want to learn more about the registration process and how to best prepare your child for Kindergarten. Please join us at our next parent coffee on Wednesday, February 10th at 10:00 via zoom https://mywps.zoom.us/j/91664903583
Parking Lot Reminders
- Please refrain from using cell phones in the parking lot.
- Please drive slowly in the parking lot.
- Please hold your children’s hands while in the parking lot
- All people (parents, students, visitors) coming and going from school must cross the parking lot at the crosswalks.
- All children must be in car seats and buckled into seat belts before leaving the parking lot. This is a state law and is not optional. Please do not allow them to stand up in the back seat of cars or standing with their heads out the windows.
- Please be respectful of our neighbors. We ask that you please refrain from turning around in their driveways and parking in private property, places that would block any driveways or that are not marked as parking places.
- Please drive carefully and slowly while in the neighborhood.
- There are assigned handicapped parking spots are in the parking lot, these are for cars that have handicapped plates or decals only. Please observe this parking rule. You can be ticketed for parking in handicapped spots without a handicapped decal or placard.